Nordic Flora Digestive Enzymes
Nordic Flora™ Digestive Enzymes delivers a wide spectrum of vegetarian enzymes that naturally helps the body break down carbohydrates, proteins, and fats—optimizing nutrient availability.*
- Supports digestive system function*
- Optimizes nutrient availability*
- Works across a broad pH range
- Includes papaya enzyme (papain), vegetarian pancreatin analog, and lactase
- Non-GMO and Certified Vegetarian
In order to obtain the nutritional benefits of food, we must first be able to digest it into the basic building blocks of our cells. Enzymes naturally residing throughout the digestive tract aid this process by breaking down the macromolecules that compose our food as it passes through. Digestive enzymes in the mouth, stomach, and small intestine all play important roles in the digestion of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
Healthy digestion results in the complete breakdown of these food macromolecules into their component parts, whereby proteins are dissociated into amino acids, carbohydrates into simple sugars, and fats into fatty acids. Only as small molecules can our food pass through the gut wall and into the bloodstream to nourish our bodies.
In formulating this product, we have chosen a select group of high-quality digestive enzymes whose actions mimic those of enzymes normally present in the human digestive system.* This formula helps fill functional gaps that may be present, while minimizing molecular activities that are not undertaken naturally by human digestive enzymes.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Amount Per Serving:
- Nordic Enzyme Blend 300 mg†
- Vegetarian Pancreatin Analog:
- Amylase (Bacillus amyloliquefaciens) 31,165 BAU†
- Protease (Bacillus subtilis) 87,750 PC†
- Lipase (Candida rugosa) 7,800 FIP†
- Papain (Carica papaya fruit) 1,000,000 PU†
- Amylase (Aspergillus oryzae) 1,875 DU†
- Glucoamylase (Aspergillus niger) 10 AGU†
- Peptidase (Aspergillus oryzae) 50 DPPIV†
- Lactase (Aspergillus oryzae) 500 ALU†
- Acid protease (Aspergillus niger) 25 SAPU†
- Invertase (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) 250 SU†
- Diastase (Aspergillus oryzae) 3,750 DP†
Other Ingredients rice maltodextrin, capsule (vegetable cellulose), rice bran.
Contains naturally occurring sulfites. May contain traces of soy, wheat, or milk from materials used during the fermentation process.
No artificial colors or flavors.
One capsule during each meal (one to three times daily), or as directed by your healthcare professional or pharmacist.